The blurb as seen on Goodreads:
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Aster Layne believes in physics, not psychics. A tarot card reading on the Ocean City Boardwalk should have been a ridiculous, just-for-fun thing. It wasn’t. Aster discovers she has a very unscientific gift—with a simple touch of the cards, she can change a person’s fate.
Reese Van Buren is cursed. Like the kind of old-school, centuries-old curse that runs in royal families. Every firstborn son is doomed to die on his eighteenth birthday—and Reese’s is coming up fast. Bummer. He tries to distract himself from his inevitable death…only to find the one person who can save him.
Aster doesn’t know that the hot Dutch guy she’s just met needs her help–or that he’s about to die.
But worst of all…she doesn’t know that her new gift comes with dark, dark consequences that can harm everyone she loves.
Brenda was nice enough to offer up a Touching Fate swag bag to one lucky reader. US residents only please!
I have found that music plays an important part in most author's writing process. I asked Brenda if she could share some of the music that inspired her along the way. Take it away, Brenda!
1. Believer by American Authors – This song makes me think of Reese. He’s a little scared and feels his demons chasing him, but he still believes he’ll find a fate changer that can remove his curse. The fun upbeat sound also goes well with the Ocean City boardwalk setting in the open pages.
2. Everything has Changed by Taylor Swift with Ed Sheeran – This song is after Aster and Reese meet and they are attracted to each other. They were fated to meet. And they both just want to get to know each other better. Although, Reese has ulterior motives, he finds his feeling for Aster growing.
3. You and Me by Lifehouse – This one plays to Reese’s feelings. He has a clock ticking and needs saving. He has nothing to lose. He can’t stop thinking about Aster. And Aster can’t stop thinking about him.
4. One More by Joshua Radin – In this song, Reese feels his curse and wants one last chance at life.
5. The Sound of Silence/Hey You mix by Face Vocal Band –This song speaks so perfectly to Reese’s final hours and the realization that he will die. The vocals in this song are haunting and desperate just like Reese’s inner struggles and his soul calling for help.
6. You’re the First, the Last, My Everything by Joshua Radin – I’m not going to giveaway any spoilers but this song probably will. I love it and who doesn’t want a love that is everything? And obviously, I love Joshua Radin’s songs.
Touching Fate Youtube Playlist:
Joshua Radin, Ed Sheeran...some of my favorites right there. I want to thank Brenda Drake for joining me today and offering up some of her favorite tunes and swag! Be sure to check out Touching Fate (The Fated #1) and come back later this week when I will be posting my review for this lovely book! Cheers!