Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week's theme is:
Top Ten Books I Had to Buy But Haven't Read Yet
A pile of my top ten for this week! Purtttty.
(And you see that fat spiral bound book at the bottom? THAT'S MY MATH BOOK. College is heinous.)
1. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
- I'm pretty sure I got this at Half-Price Books before I started school to "tide me over" and have now owned it for almost two years.
2. Draw the Dark by Isla J. Bick
- I bought this after I finished and adored Drowning Instinct by the same author. Still have not read it, which is absolutely shameful.
3. The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories #1) by Chris Colfer
- He was signing them at a store semi-close to me, so I ordered a copy. Written and signed by a television star? I can dig it.
4. Tempest (Tempest #1) by Julie Cross
- My mom and I were at a book signing on my birthday, and I begged her to buy it for me (signed). That still counts, right?
5. Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks #1) by Miranda Kenneally
- I'm mostly just scared that I won't like it.
6. Team Human by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan
- While I love Sarah's work, I haven't read anything by Justine and that has me a bit nervous. But I enjoy parodies, so I believe WHEN I get to this, I'll enjoy it.
7. The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta
- Like with Catching Jordan, I am worried that I won't enjoy this one.
8. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
- The people I've talked to about Before I Fall have either loved the book, or hated it and when it comes to those kinds of books, I'm usually on the negative side. I may be using avoidance tactics.
9. Delirium (Delirium #1) by Lauren Oliver
- This one will be read soon! My mom and I plan to read it together, as soon as she finishes The Host (which is taking her a very long time).
10. Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
- To be fair, I've only had this one for a week(ish). I am actually going to pick it up once I finish the two books I'm working on now!
What did you just have to buy and yet it's still on your pile?